Monday 5 December 2011

A Final Word

Can't believe this is the last class. We have done so much and learned so many new things that I wouldn't know where to start as to the highlights of the course. This last class really brought everything together. We all did a case study on a student or group of students and we were able to use any AT that we have talked about or have at our schools. It was amazing to hear everyones experiences and the differences they made in studnets lives. Experiences were varying as were results but I think everyone saw the benefits of working with our struggling students. It really motivated me to want to try some of the ideas that they had tried within their schools. The biggest improvement that I saw I think was with students who used co writer. It was able to help students generate vocabulary and helped with sentence structure. For those students with organizational difficulties I think it would also help.I will certainly be looking for this at my school.

I believe that the main reason for the case studies is to give us the opportunity to match our student with a form of technology that will help them in thier daily reading and writing. Looking back now I realize that I should have selected just one form and worked with that instead of trying a few different things. My purpose was to try a few different things in hopes to find the best match. In hind sight now I know what would work best with my student and I should have went with my first instinct. I do think cowriter would be the best for for him so now it is a matter of finding it on a computer in our school.